Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day One




Day One - 249 pounds

If Day One is any indication, this isn't going to be pleasant for a while.

The head feels as though it's coming off. The nausea comes in waves. And the dizziness! Wow!

The body isn't used to good nutritional food. I've been feeding it junk for so long that it thinks healthy food is poison. It will adjust. But will I survive it?

I sat in my chair looking out the window. It was bright, but cold today. The glare of the sun nearly hurt my eyes. And yet I could feel a draft coming in under the door. It was a bitter cold, around 20 degrees with a steady wind, not strong, but enough to drive the wind chill down to zero. It is that time of the year however, when sub-zero temperatures ice the heart over. Just let me stay in and not have to face it.

Help me, God, to get through this feeling of nausea and dizziness. I'm going to lay down for a while and hope it passes. Thank you God, for all your help.

0 comments: