Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fofo's Faith

Fofo's Faith is unwavering. No matter the trials she continues on secure in the knowledge that God is taking care of her. She says she is walking in the Light.




Despite repeated illnesses, her faith remains intact. I asked her why. "Because God is the Great Healer," she replied, "and I trust Him implicitly."






And so I asked her how she got to have such faith. Very simply she stated, "I pray."




But I was convinced that God only hears certain prayers... not mine. I knew that wasn't true. I just feel so helpless sometimes. But she gently reminded me...





"We can call on His name any time," she said as a smile crept up onto her face. "He just loves us so much." But I'm human and I forget. It's nice to have a friend who reminds you.



So I'd like to throw you some kisses and thank you for reminding me that every day is Valentine's Day when you have God in your heart.










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Valentine’s Day with Jesus

Jesus does not send perfume
To linger in the air
Instead He sends salvation, sweet
To show how much He cares.

He doesn’t bring me candy hearts
In boxes of delight
Instead He always lets me know
I’m precious in His sight.

He doesn’t pass out pretty cards
Trimmed in shades of red
Instead He gave His life for me
His precious blood was shed.

He doesn’t hand out fancy gifts
Like we would send to mother
Instead He sends a message clear
To always love each other.

He doesn’t give me teddy bears
That whimper, “please be mine”
Instead He gave His heart to me
I wear it all the time.

He doesn’t give me roses, pink
For all the world to see
Instead He gave eternal life
That’s good enough for me.


~~by Marilyn Ferguson


0 comments: