Friday, February 19, 2010

Awaiting the Green


The days are getting longer now, God. I thank you for that. I can't wait to see green again. White is nice for a time. But after a while it feels so empty and void of any life at all.

I long to hear the birds sing and smell the flowers. I want to see anything as long as it's not from my window. Traffic, snow-filled roofs and a bank parking lot are not good for the soul. Maybe one day I will learn to cultivate my black thumb and have it generate beautiful greenery. For now I spare your lovely plants from certain death.

And so I count the days until I can find respite in your grandeur. Just a tree would be nice. But if nothing else, I can thank you for the sunshine that streams in the window allowing me to know there is hope for a bright tomorrow. You take care of the big stuff for me, all right? I'll tend to this thing I call life.

0 comments: