Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Seed


Can you hear me, God?

How does this happen? I give and give and give... and then when I need something, anything it seems, I have to grovel in order to get it. Why is that?

I have learned there is only one thing a person has to do to be of value in this life. Just ONE thing, and yet most people have no clue about what it is. It's called paying attention. How hard can that be? It must be a very difficult task because it is nearly impossible to find another soul who understands exactly what that is. And it's virtually impossible to see someone else practice it.

I don't think I'm the strange one on this matter, but please let me know if I am wrong. I realize there are people who can't listen very well. I was on that list long ago. But along the way I came to know that a conversation is more than waiting for the other person to take a breath so I can rush in and blurt out my own ideas. I impart no great wisdom anyway. Most of my thoughts and advice aren't even original. I just pass on what has worked for me given to me by unselfish people who took the time to really listen to me.

The older I get, the more I feel that the world has turned sour and uncaring. And then I have those times where everyone is compassionate and giving and I am left feeling embarrassed and ashamed of myself. But this time, God, this time, I really needed someone to listen. Phone calls weren't answered, much less returned. And so I'm left without options just one more time.

It's all about you anyway - trusting in you and believing that all is well in my world. And if it isn't, then it will be. Faith is a funny thing. Just when you think you don't have any you find you have just enough to see you through just one more minute, one more hour, one more day. I guess it's that mustard seed thing, huh?

Thanks for listening to me. I feel a lot better now. I know when no one else is home you are. When will I learn? I should have gone to you in the first place!


0 comments: