Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Perfect Day



Wow! January is the last time I posted. That's just not right.

Things should settle down now that I have moved. My goodness! This six months has been the longest century of my life. I thought this day would never come.

The day was non-eventful. I had prayed for that. It has finally arrived. I sat with Grace today. I wanted something to happen. Anything really. But it turned out to be just an extension of the non-eventfulness. I wanted to feel disappointed, but I was too tired. And so we sat in silence in the sunshine. The cat lay sprawled on the window ledge soaking up the warmth. His black fur felt hot to the touch.

People walked by. Two little girls with their mother stopped to look at him and then they saw me. They waved and I waved and smiled back. She hurried them away as if they had disturbed me. The sun felt good on my skin too and warmed the room nicely. I looked over at the wall where the mural will soon live. The computer was whirring doing its scans. I thought, "I'm home... finally."

So much needs to be done. But then, I needed to rest too. Tomorrow is another day. And so I closed the blinds and laid down to rest. I awoke refreshed in my mind, but still bone weary. Maybe tomorrow, Grace... maybe tomorrow.

As for today, it was a perfect day.


0 comments: