Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Wonder...



"Come on, Grace!" I urged. "Don't be so tight-lipped. I've got to feel something here pretty soon. Talk to me."

Nothing.

I know! I'm stubborn. So in that stubbornness I decided to wait her out. I sat again in the sunlight and watched the world pass by. As the sleepy town woke from its reverie, I watched the sun rise. I love that the window faces east. There's nothing like a jolt of sunshine in your eye the first thing in the morning. I thought, "I've got to get some plants. This window is perfect for that." At about seven feet high and eleven feet wide, it's a gardener's paradise. As for me... plants are handed a life sentence when they are put into my care. Although... I haven't killed the little Christmas tree yet! And trust me, that's nothing short of a miracle. So, yeah, maybe that's what I'll do... start asking around for slips off other people's plants, get some Miracle Gro, and let the miracle happen. What's the worst that could happen? Oh yeah... that!

I checked to see if Grace would talk with me yet. Nothing.

Having just moved, I had things to do. I couldn't be messing around like this. She would come around eventually. So i decided to just let her be and get to making some moves like I was organizing things.

Right in the middle of righting the bed from a sideways position, it hit me! Left to my own devices, I would never dream of actually acquiring a plant, much less a bunch of them!!! Did you plant that in my head, Grace? (no pun intended lol) My God, you're sneaky, Grace! Welcome home!

I wonder...

0 comments: