Monday, May 23, 2011

The Dance


Hello God...


After the sermon yesterday, I felt a little bewildered. I do that a lot around you anyway. Your ways are not my ways... and I thank you for that.


I got to thinking about my life and how it feels sometimes. I have to be careful in that respect because although it may 'feel' a certain way, it may not actually be a fact. For instance, I may 'feel' depressed, but it doesn't necessarily means I have to 'be' depressed. A fine line, I know. But it is the fine lines that define success or failure for me.


So I thought, "If I could sum up my life as to how it feels most days, what would that be?"


It varies, yes, but there is a common theme throughout it all for me. My life feels like a dance. It is a performance which I was graced from you, animated through you and done for you.


As long as I allow you to be in control it is a most perfect ballet accompanied by wonderful soothing music. And when I digress, I feel as though I am hot-footing it across a griddle in the fire and the music is swallowed up by my screams.


I thank you for the days I dance... perfectly in your will, surrounded by perfect melody. You are an Awesome God. How Great Thou Art.

0 comments: