Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I am Blessed



I was so sick, God. Trying to get out of bed was an effort I barely wanted to make. The weakness was overwhelming. The worst part was not knowing what was causing it.


Then it eased a bit for a day or two and I thought I was on the mend. And then it slammed me again. I guess you weren't done talking to me yet. As I laid there and prayed hour after hour, I truly wondered if I would ever get better.


But all things pass - good or bad. We humans are strange. It's a blessing when it's bad and a seeming hardship when it's good that passes. I doubt we would be satisfied with anything for any length of time... never satiated, never truly happy. We're so greedy.


The doctor gave me orders. I wouldn't have followed them. And you knew that. And so I was pinned to the bed, unable to hold my head up for more than 15-20 minutes at a time.


But that time was well spent with you. I came to realize what was important. I realized what I was missing. So when I was able to return, I was filled with your Loving Grace. I can say now it was worth those days in bed feeling as though I may never get up again.


Thank you for taking care of me... those days and every day. Thank you for restoring my faith. I am blessed.


0 comments: