Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Eternal Life


Dear God...

How can I possibly be worthy of Your gift of Eternal Life when I can't follow your rules? I can't imagine your boundless love. How can I be important to you when many times I am not important to myself?

I can't even wrap my mind around eternal life. I look back over the landscape of the lands I have traveled in this life and that feels like an eternity to me.

I doubt anyone comes to you fully ready to die. There has to be regrets of things undone, unfinished, unattained. And yet the transition is made.

Is it true that as long as someone thinks of us we live on? I wonder who will think of me. I wonder whose life I have touched (good or bad) that they would be bothered to invest a thought in me after I am gone.

It all seems so complex to fathom. When I stumble on an answer it only reveals more questions. Maybe that's it... we live only as long as we don't believe we know everything there is to know.

As always... I thank you for listening.

0 comments: