Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Burden of Knowledge


Hello God. I've been thinking again. And you know how that goes.

It seems at times that having knowledge about certain subjects is a burden to be carried. I'm not complaining. I'm just confused. So maybe you can help me out on this one if you're not too busy.

You tell us to treat others as we would have ourselves be treated. That's a good thing. Yet there are times when it seems as though the knowledge one possesses is usurped at the expense of the person possessing it. I suppose it is better to know certain things than to not know. And to freely share it is surely a talent that has only been given by You. But is it fair to be selective about who you give it to? I wonder if that makes any sense to You... You who have given Your life for us. Do you think that a person is being stingy when they become selective?

Perhaps it is my perspective that is askew. It could possibly be that this knowledge is not a burden at all. Perhaps it was given by You to hone character and develop the person into a loving image of You. It's all too complex for me, I think.

I would rather be the trees in winter holding a new fallen snow silently and graciously, than be the person who thinks the knowledge is some sort of horrific burden to be endured rather than a gift to be shared. Help me to be that person, Dear God. Help me to be more benevolent and let Your Light shine through me.


0 comments: