Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Fork in the Road

I get so confused, God. I sometimes don't know which way to turn or which way to go. Your gift of discernment escapes me many times. Too often I'm left standing looking at the fork in the road, paralyzed, unable to move on.

Try as I may, I can't seem to move forward. There is no moving left or right. And certainly, there is no retreat. It's as though I am removed from my body and I'm watching myself. The sensation is so strange. It's like me doesn't feel like me.

The usual stance is to just wait until the uncomfortable becomes unbearable. This time I want it to be different. I know that even inaction is action of a sort. For once, I want to see that fork and move beyond it. Not because it's so intolerable, but because it is the right thing to do to get out of the paralyzation.

Thank you for listening. And thank you in advance for your help. It always comes.

0 comments: