Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Shattered Heart

pic.gif shattered heart image by jenmouse2

What can you do for a shattered heart

when life comes in and rips it apart?

Where do you take it to get it mended

when it feels inside like your whole world has ended?

Who do you turn to for love and support

when the world's sins are too much to report?

When do you know if your prayers have been heard

or if maybe, in the end, they are all just absurd?

Why is there sorrow, unending and most sublime,

and that the road is always an uphill climb?

 

You haven't forgotten me have you, God?

I come to you now, no walls, no facade.

Undeserving, I humbly ask for Your Grace,

to see one positive thing I can embrace.

Because isn't it true in this world so unknown

it always boils down to just me and you alone?

And truly I should be grateful and in jubillee

that you would set aside this precious time for me

and take the time, Your wisdom to impart...

to set me free and mend my shattered heart.

0 comments: