Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stunning Beauty


I awoke in tears, Gods. Not sad tears. You know the type. It's the ones that make you know you were dreaming of a wonderful place, a happy time. The sheer knowledge that it was a dream seems too much to bear because it was all so real.

It could be a real experience or just something the child inside yearns for. But in that moment of non-sleep where the realization creeps in, it's as real as if it were happening now. I suppose that where the tears come from.

And now fully awake, I can't remember what was so incredible that it could produce tears. We humans sure are a strange lot, huh?

But this I know - that place, that brilliantly breathtaking place - it was surely touched by Your hand to bring such tears, for who else could stir the passions as much? It's like that feeling a person gets when viewing where sky meets water and the two meld into each other as perfect complements.

I will sit now, close my eyes, and try to remember. How great thou art, Dear God, how great thou art.

0 comments: